From collectd Wiki
Revision as of 12:45, 17 January 2017 by Octo (→Unreleased changes to collectd-5.7 branch: Update release notes.)
|List of versions|
| Version 5.11|
Version 5.7.0 has been released on Monday December 12th 2016. This version is currently supported.
- Documentation: The Turbostat plugin section has been improved. Thanks to Florian Forster
- Documentation: The semantics of the
TypesDBoption have been improved. Thanks to Florian Forster.
- collectd: A generic interface for parsing the text protocol has been added. Thanks to Sebastian Harl. #1749
- collectd: Threads now get named, making them easier to track using tools such as top, ps, etc. Thanks to Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada and Marc Fournier. #547
- AMQP plugin, Write Graphite plugin, Write Kafka plugin: The new
[Graphite]PreserveSeparatoroption allows retaining the default dot separator rather than escaping it. Thanks to Florian Forster. #419
- Battery plugin: A StateFS backend for gathering statistics has been added. Thanks to Rinigus. #1795
- CPU plugin: CPU aggregation on AIX was fixed. Thanks to Chao Yang. #1957
- Collectd::Unixsock: Fractional seconds support has been made more robust. Thanks to Matthias Bethke. #2052
- DPDKStat plugin: This new plugin collects DPDK interface statistics. Thanks to Maryam Tahhan, Harry van Haaren, Taras Chornyi and Kim Jones. #1649
- gRPC plugin: The
DispatchValuesoption has been renamed to
PutValues. Thanks to Florian Forster.
- HDDTemp plugin: The 32 devices limit has been removed. Thanks to Benjamin Gilbert. #631
- Hugepages plugin: This new plugin reports the number of used and free hugepages on Linux. Thanks to Jaroslav Safka, Maryam Tahhan, Kim Jones and Florian Forster. #1799
- Intel RDT plugin: This new plugin collects statistics exposed by Intel's Resource Director Technology . Thanks to SerhiyX. #1970
- memcached plugin: The new
Addressoption allows connecting to a different server than specified by the
Hostoption. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1975
- nginx plugin: Support for reporting failed connections has been added. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1609
- Perl plugin: Significant internal reworking has been made. The new
RegisterLegacyFlushoption has been added. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1731
- PostgreSQL plugin: Timestamps are now RFC 3339-formatted local time. Thanks to Igor Peshansky and Dave Cunningham. #1918
- Processes plugin: Internal performance improvements have been made. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1980, #1981
- RRDCacheD plugin: The plugin now tries to reconnect upon failed operations. Thanks to Sebastian Harl. #1959
- SpamAssassin: The plugin can now run in Perl's "tainted mode" (
-T). Thanks to Akos Vandra. #1962
- Tail plugin: Support for calculating latency distribution of matching values has been added. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack and Florian Forster. #1700
- Tail plugin: The new
GaugePersistoption has been added. Thanks to Florian Forster. #2015
- Target:Set, Target:Replace, Match:RegEx: MetaData support has been added . Thanks to Igor Peshansky. #1922, #1923, #1930
- turbostat plugin: The new
LogicalCoreNamesoption allows switching to per-core naming rather than per-CPU. Thanks to Brock Johnson. #2056
- virt plugin: The new
BlockDeviceFormatBasenameoptions help controlling the names reported for block-device metrics. Thanks to Deyan Chepishev. #2004
- Write Graphite plugin: A new
DropDuplicateFieldsoption has been added. Thanks to Michael Leinartas. #1915
- Write Kafka plugin: The
Key Randomsetting has been reintroduced. Thanks to Florian Forster. #1977
- Write Log plugin: Support for formatting output in JSON has been added, using the new
Formatconfiguration option. Thanks to Igor Peshansky. #1924
- Write Prometheus plugin: This new plugin publishes values using an embedded HTTP server, in a format compatible with Prometheus' collectd_exporter. Thanks to Florian Forster. #1967
Unreleased changes to collectd-5.7 branch
All changes up to 6397cdc3596af7438a9b351ac13d7eaac279554a
- collectd: Handling of boolean configuration options has been unified. Thanks to Sebastian Harl. #2083, #2098
- collectd: Reporting of internal statistics has been fixed. Thanks to Florian Forster. #2108
- collectd, various plugins: Bugs and issues reported by scan-build and coverity-scan have been fixed. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof and Florian Forster.
- Build system: Parallel build have been fixed. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof. #2110
- DPDKStat plugin: Portability issues and a double-close bug have been fixed. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof and Marc Fournier.
- Intel RDT plugin: A check for the libpqos library version has been added. Thanks to Serhiy Pshyk.
- NetApp plugin: Compilation problems have been corrected. Thanks to Florian Forster. #2120
- Write Prometheus plugin: A memory leak has been fixed. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof.