From collectd Wiki
Revision as of 22:06, 9 September 2016 by Mfournier (a couple more minor markup fixes)
|List of versions|
| Version 5.11|
Version 5.6 has not been released yet.
- Build system: an option to to avoid building the df plugin against XFS has been added. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof. #1878
- Build system: Autoconf >= 2.60, a C99-capable compiler and pkg-config are now required. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof.
- Build system: Building with
-Werroris now optional. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof. #1222
- Build system: Many compilation issues on non-Linux platforms have been fixed, leading to wider plugin support. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof, Dagobert Michelsen, Havard Eidnes, Robert Viduya.
- Build system: The configuration summary now also ends up in config.log. Thanks to Sebastian Harl.
- collectd: All command-line options now override global options from the config file. Thanks to Sebastian Harl. #366
- collectd: A number of unit tests for commonly used functions have been added.
- collectd: Plugins start up and read timeouts are now logged. Thanks to Marc Fournier. #1293, #1254
- collectd: Support for a timeout has been added to
FLUSHcallbacks. Thanks to Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada.
- collectd: The
-Tcommand line switch now reports more errors. Thanks to Corey Kosak. #1642
- collectd: The max size of value list elements (
DATA_MAX_NAME_LEN) has been doubled and is now configurable at build time. Thanks to Amy Lin, Florian Forster and Radu Brumariu. #1120
- Set target: The
MetaDataoption has been added. Thanks to Yves Mettier and Kevin Bowling. #1106, #1656, #1913
- AMQP plugin, Write_HTTP plugin, Write_Kafka plugin: Support for libyajl < 2 has been added. Thanks to Florian Forster.
- APC UPS plugin: Parsing of end markers has been fixed. #617
- APC UPS plugin: The
PersistentConnectionoption has been added. #617
- ceph plugin, DNS plugin, Exec plugin, IPTables plugin, Ping plugin, Turbostat plugin: When running unprivileged, these plugins will now warn about insuffiscient permissions or capabilities(7). Thanks to Marc Fournier. #1530
- Chrony plugin: This new plugin collects NTP data from a chronyd server. Thanks to Claudius Zingerli. #1548
- cpusleep plugin: This new plugin measures time spent by CPU in deep sleep mode. Thanks to Rinigus. #1826
- CPU plugin: The
ReportNumCpuoption has been added. Thanks to Fabien Wernli.
- cURL plugin, cURL-JSON plugin, cURL-XML plugin: The new
Statisticsreports various per-HTTP connection timers. Thanks to Sebastian Harl. #1004
- DBI plugin: The
Intervaloption has been added to
Databaseblocks. Thanks to Michal Bebjak.
- Disk plugin: Support for FreeBSD has been added. Thanks to Xin Li, Brad Davis, Ruben Kerfhof and Kevin Bowling.
- GenericJMX plugin: Support for TabularData and the
PluginNameoption have been added. Thanks to David Crane. #1290, #1291
- GPS plugin: This new plugin reports the number of sattelites seen by and precision of a GPS receiver. Thanks to Nicolas Jourden. #1346
- gRPC plugin: This new client and server plugin allows sending and receiving metrics using the gRPC protocol. Comparable to the network plugin, but using TCP and TLS. Thanks to Sebastian Harl and Florian Forster.
- Interface plugin: Reporting dropped packets has been added. Thanks to Marc Falzon. #1555
- Interface plugin: The
ReportInactivehas been added, letting users skip inactive network interfaces. Thanks to Rinigus. #1791
- Interface plugin: The new, Solaris-only
UniqueNameoption has been added. Thanks to Yoga Ramalingam. #1416
- Lua plugin: This new language binding allows writing plugins using the Lua programming language. Thanks to Julien Ammous, Florian Forster and Ruben Kerkhof.
- match_empty_counter plugin: Support for derives has been implemented. Thanks to Florian Forster. #1813
- Memory plugin: Reporting of ARC memory on Solaris has been added. Thanks to Brian ONeill.
- MQTT plugin: This new plugin sends metrics to and/or receives metrics from an MQTT broker. Thanks to Marc Falzon, Jan-Piet Mens, Nicholas Humfrey and Florian Forster. #805, #1124
- MySQL plugin: Connection to the database server can now be done over SSL. Thanks to Brian Lalor. #1256
- MySQL plugin: Monitoring slow queries has been added. Thanks to skob. #1773
- MySQL plugin: mysql_bpool_pages-flushed has been renamed to mysql_bpool_counters-pages_flushed because the value is cumulative. Thanks to Marek Becka.
- MySQL plugin: Support for Galera statistics has been added. Thanks to Rachid Zarouali. #1849
- MySQL plugin: Support for InnoDB metrics was improved. Thanks to Aman Gupta. #1111
- MySQL plugin: The
mysql_sorttype has been split into 3 different types. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1592
- Network plugin: Decryption error logging has been improved. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1735
- notify_nagios plugin: This new plugin sends notifications to Nagios as a passive check result. Thanks to Florian Forster.
- NTPd plugin: The plugin now detects if the ntp daemon reports nanoseconds instead of microseconds. Thanks to Matwey V. Kornilov. #1783
- OpenLDAP plugin: Several connection-related improvements have been made. Thanks to Marc Fournier. #1308
- OpenLDAP plugin: Support for "simple authentication" has been added. Thanks to Marek Becka. #1087
- Ping plugin: The
Sizeoption has been added, allowing the ICMP data payload size to be configured. Thanks to Witold Baryluk. #1395
- PostgreSQL plugin, DBI plugin, Oracle plugin: The new
PluginInstanceFromoption has been added. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1707
- PowerDNS plugin: The recursor metrics have been updated to 3.7.3 and missing rr types have been added. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof.
- Processes plugin: Counting of context switches was added for Linux. Thanks to Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada. #1036
- Processes plugin: Improve reliability of thread counts on Linux. Thanks to Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada.
- Python plugin: Minimal Python version requirement has been bumped to 2.6. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof. #1864
- Redis plugin: Several addition metrics are now collected. Thanks to Marc Falzon and Matteo Contrini. #1807, #1483
- Sensors plugin: The
UseLabelsoption has been added. Thanks to Christian Fetzer.
- SMART plugin: The new
IgnoreSleepModeoption has been added. Thanks to Scott Talbert. #1770
- SMART plugin: The new
UseSerialoption allows identifying devices in a stable way. Thanks to Scott Talbert. #1794
- SNMP plugin: The
IpAddresscan now be used for instances. Thanks to Vincent Bernat. #1397
- StatsD plugin: Latency calculation histogram is now able to shrink automatically to optimal size. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1622
- StatsD plugin: The
CounterSumoption has been added. Thanks to Florian Forster. #929, #1282, #1311
- UUID plugin: The plugin now also looks in in smbios system table and
/sys/class/dmi. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof. #1490
- virt plugin: The
PluginInstanceFormatoption has been added. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof. #1100
- Write_Graphite plugin: The
ReconnectIntervaloption has been added. Thanks to Toni Moreno and Florian Forster.
- Write_HTTP plugin: A KairosDB formatter has been added. Thanks to Aurélien Rougemont. #1809
- Write_HTTP plugin: Notifications are now handled by this plugin. Thanks to Florian Forster.
- Write_HTTP plugin: The
LogHttpErroroption has been added. Thanks to vzubko.
- Write_HTTP plugin: The new
Headersoption allows setting custom HTTP headers in outgoing requests. Thanks to Brandon Arp. #1634
- Write_Kafka plugin: Key handling has been made more comprehensive and reliable. Thanks to Florian Forster, Pierre-Yves Ritschard and Vincent Bernat. #1765, #1695, #1393
- Write_Redis plugin: The
StoreRatesoptions have been added. Thanks to Brian Kelly and Sebastian Pfahl.
- Write_Riemann plugin: The new
Timeoutoption have been added. Thanks to Pierre-Yves Ritschard and Gergely Nagy.
- Write_Riemann plugin: This plugin now requires the riemann-c-client library, version 1.6.0+. This adds support for submitting values to Riemann over TLS. Thanks to Gergely Nagy. #986
- Write_TSDB plugin, Write_Sensu plugin, Write_Riemann plugin, Write_Graphite plugin, Write_TSDB plugin: TCP keepalive is now enabled, helping graceful recovery from unclean network disconnections. Thanks to Marc Fournier. #1549
- XenCPU plugin: This new plugin collects XEN Hypervisor CPU stats. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1608
- ZFS_ARC plugin: Several new statistics have been added and a couple of obsolete ones removed. Thanks to Brad Davis, Brian ONeill, Ruben Kerkhof.
- Zone plugin: This new plugin reads per-zone CPU usage on Solaris. Thanks to Mathijs Mohlmann and Dagobert Michelsen.