|List of versions|
| Version 5.11|
Version 5.4 has been released on Sunday, August 18th 2013. The newest release is 5.4.2 which as been released on Thursday, February 26th 2015. This version is currently supported.
Released on Sunday, August 18th, 2013.
- collectd: The
LoadPluginconfig option no longer attempts to load plugins twice. If more than one
LoadPluginstatement or block is encountered, only the first will have any effect.
- collectd: The
AutoLoadPluginoption allows to automatically load plugins for which a configuration is found.
- collectd: The
WriteQueueLimitLowoptions allow collectd to drop values when under stress, to avoid running out of memory. Thanks to Yves Mettier for his patch.
- AMQP plugin: The
GraphiteAlwaysAppendDSoptions have been added. Thanks to Laurent for the patch.
- Aquaero plugin: This new plugin reads various metrics, e.g. fan speeds and temperatures, from Aquaero 5, a fan and water cooling control panel. Thanks to Alex Deymo for his patch.
- cURL plugin: The
MeasureResponseCodeoption has been added. Thanks to Jan Matějka for his patch.
- cURL-JSON plugin: Support for UNIX domain sockets and array wildcards has been added. Thanks to Jim Radford for his patch.
- cURL-XML plugin: Support for long URLs has been improved.
- cgroups plugin: This new plugin collects CPU accounting information for processes in a cgroup. Thanks to Michael Stapelberg for his patch.
- DF plugin: The
ValuesPercentageoptions have been added. Thanks to Vedran Bartonicek for the patch.
- Exec plugin: Do UID / GID lookups before forking. This should prevent a race condition in the NSS library. Thanks to Ceri Storey for the patch.
- LVM plugin: This new plugin collects size information from Linux' Logical Volume Manager (LVM). Thanks to Chad Malfait for his work.
- memcached plugin: Support for increment and decrement counts has been added. Thanks to Blake Matheny for the patch.
- MIC plugin: This new plugin collects CPU and memory usage, power consumption and temperatures of Intel's Many-Integrated-Core (MIC) architecture, such as Xeon Phi cards. Thanks to Evan Felix for his work.
- Netlink plugin: This plugin has been converted to use the supported
libmnllibrary. Thanks to Andreas Henriksson for his patch.
- nginx plugin: Collection of accepted and handled connections has been added. Thanks to Patrick Shan for his patch.
- sigrok plugin: This new plugin collects metrics from sigrok, a signal processing framework reading various hardware devices, from light meters to spectrum analyzers. Thanks to Bert Vermeulen for his patch.
- StatsD plugin: This new plugin listens to a UDP socket and reads metrics in the StatsD format.
- Varnish plugin: Many additional metrics have been added. Thanks to Nick Stenning for his patch.
- Write Graphite plugin: Support for
UDPhas been added. Thanks to Javier Maestro for his patch.
- Write Riemann plugin: The
TTLFactoroption has been added.
Released on Thursday, February 26th 2015.
- Build system: Numerous fixes. Thanks to Bjørn Nordbø, Jim Radford, KOMEDA Shinji, Lauri Tirkkonen, Manuel Luis Sanmartin Rozada, Marc Fournier, Rainer Müller, Yoga Ramalingam and Yves Mettier. #326, #373, #653, #828
- collectd: A use-after-free has been fixed in the
parse_value()function. Thanks to Matthias Urlichs.
- collectd: Fix carriage return sign in types_list Thanks to Marc Fournier and @NsLib.
- collectd: Fix programming error in src/configfile.c Thanks to Wilfried Goesgens.
- collectd: An off-by-one error has been fixed in the
strstripnewline()function. Patch by Florian Forster.
- collectd: Use the complain mechanism to report filter chain write failures. Thanks to Sebastian Harl.
- collectd: Spelling and grammar of error messages have been fixed. Thanks to Katelyn Perry and Tim Laszlo.
- collectdctl: Fixed buffering issues which caused trouble on AIX and Solaris. Thanks to Yoga Ramalingam.
- Documentation: Details and example about multi-instance filterchain targets have been added. Thanks to Marc Fournier.
- Documentation: The
CollectStatisticsoption of the RRDCacheD plugin has been documented. Thanks to Micha Krause. #907
- Documentation: The Write Redis plugin has been documented. Thanks to Marc Fournier.
- Documentation: The
GraphiteAlwaysAppendDSoptions of the AMQP plugin have been documented. Thanks to Marc Fournier.
- Documentation: Documentation of the
AutoLoadPluginoption has been improved. Thanks to Florian Forster. #715
- Aggregation plugin:
utils_vl_lookup: A race when creating user objects has been fixed. Thanks to Sebastian Harl. #535
- CPU plugin: Temperature code for Mac OS X has been removed. Thanks to Florian Forster and Marc Fournier. #22
- cURL, cURL-JSON, cURL-XML and Write HTTP plugins: Call
curl_global_init()in the plugins'
init()callback. Thanks to Jeremy Katz.
- cURL and memcachec plugins: Fix calculation of gauge, average, minimum and maximum. Previously, they were calculated from the start of the daemon, which is not the documented behavior. Thanks to Florian Forster. #663
- cURL-JSON plugin: A bug, which triggered when two URLs with a long common prefix were configured, was fixed. Thanks to Marc Fournier. #582
- DBI plugin: Compatibility with new versions of libdbi has been restored. Thanks to Florian Forster. #950
- Exec, UnixSock plugins: Fix parsing of the
timeoption of the
PUTNOTIFcommand. Thanks to Adrian Miron. #477
- IPMI plugin: A conflict with the Java plugin over the
SIGUSR2signal has been fixed. Thanks to Vincent Bernat. #114
- Java plugin: Conversion from Java's time representation to collectd's representation has been fixed. Thanks to Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada.
- Java plugin: Make sure
cjni_thread_detach()is called on all paths. Thanks to Florian Forster.
- LogFile and SysLog plugins: Avoid total silence in case of a misconfiguration. Thanks to Marc Fournier and Wilfried Goesgens.
- Network plugin: Support for recent versions of gcrypt has been added. Thanks to Vincent Bernat. #632
- Network plugin: Robustness of the client connecting behavior has been improved. Thanks to Florian Forster. #627
- Python plugin: Don't create empty
meta_data_tobjects. Thanks to Florian Forster. #716
- Python plugin: Fix Py list length check in
cpy_build_meta(). Thanks to Yoga Ramalingam.
- Python plugin: The
intervalmember was fixed to export seconds as a double. Thanks to Justin Burnham.
- RRDtool and RRDCacheD plugins: A memory leak when creating RRD files has been fixed. Thanks to Yves Mettier. #661
- SNMP plugin: Fix a memory leak. Thanks to Marc Fournier and Pierre-Yves Ritschard. #610, #804
- StatsD plugin: Support for samplerates in timer metrics was added. Thanks to John Leach. #461
- Swap plugin: Fix behavior under OpenVZ by making
cachedoptional. Thanks to Florian Forster. #733
- Threshold plugin: Population of the
timefield in notifications has been added. Thanks to Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada.
- libvirt plugin: Only gather stats for running domains. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof.
- LVM plugin: An issue with Volume Groups (VGs) without Logical Volumes (LVs) has been fixed. Thanks to Jan Kundrát.
- Write Graphite plugin: Escape characters not supported by Graphite. Thanks to Pierre-Yves Ritschard and Marc Fournier.
- Write HTTP plugin: Make callback names context-dependent. Thanks to Marc Fournier. #821
- Write Redis plugin: A formatting bug, which resulted in totally unusable numbers being transmitted to Redis, was fixed. Thanks to Marc Fournier.
- Write Riemann plugin: Receive acknowledge message when using TCP. Thanks to John-John Tedro.