From collectd Wiki
|List of versions|
| Version 5.11|
Version 5.4 has been released on Sunday, August 18th 2013. This version is currently supported.
Released on Sunday, August 18th, 2013.
- collectd: The
LoadPluginconfig option no longer attempts to load plugins twice. If more than one
LoadPluginstatement or block is encountered, only the first will have any effect.
- collectd: The
AutoLoadPluginoption allows to automatically load plugins for which a configuration is found.
- collectd: The
WriteQueueLimitLowoptions allow collectd to drop values when under stress, to avoid running out of memory. Thanks to Yves Mettier for his patch.
- AMQP plugin: The
GraphiteAlwaysAppendDSoptions have been added. Thanks to Laurent for the patch.
- Aquaero plugin: This new plugin reads various metrics, e.g. fan speeds and temperatures, from Aquaero 5, a fan and water cooling control panel. Thanks to Alex Deymo for his patch.
- cURL plugin: The
MeasureResponseCodeoption has been added. Thanks to Jan Matějka for his patch.
- cURL-JSON plugin: Support for UNIX domain sockets and array wildcards has been added. Thanks to Jim Radford for his patch.
- cURL-XML plugin: Support for long URLs has been improved.
- cgroups plugin: This new plugin collects CPU accounting information for processes in a cgroup. Thanks to Michael Stapelberg for his patch.
- DF plugin: The
ValuesPercentageoptions have been added. Thanks to Vedran Bartonicek for the patch.
- Exec plugin: Do UID / GID lookups before forking. This should prevent a race condition in the NSS library. Thanks to Ceri Storey for the patch.
- LVM plugin: This new plugin collects size information from Linux' Logical Volume Manager (LVM). Thanks to Chad Malfait for his work.
- memcached plugin: Support for increment and decrement counts has been added. Thanks to Blake Matheny for the patch.
- MIC plugin: This new plugin collects CPU and memory usage, power consumption and temperatures of Intel's Many-Integrated-Core (MIC) architecture, such as Xeon Phi cards. Thanks to Evan Felix for his work.
- Netlink plugin: This plugin has been converted to use the supported
libmnllibrary. Thanks to Andreas Henriksson for his patch.
- nginx plugin: Collection of accepted and handled connections has been added. Thanks to Patrick Shan for his patch.
- sigrok plugin: This new plugin collects metrics from sigrok, a signal processing framework reading various hardware devices, from light meters to spectrum analyzers. Thanks to Bert Vermeulen for his patch.
- StatsD plugin: This new plugin listens to a UDP socket and reads metrics in the StatsD format.
- Varnish plugin: Many additional metrics have been added. Thanks to Nick Stenning for his patch.
- Write Graphite plugin: Support for
UDPhas been added. Thanks to Javier Maestro for his patch.
- Write Riemann plugin: The
TTLFactoroption has been added.
Released on Thursday, February 26th 2015.
- Build system: Numerous fixes. Thanks to Bjørn Nordbø, Jim Radford, KOMEDA Shinji, Lauri Tirkkonen, Manuel Luis Sanmartin Rozada, Marc Fournier, Rainer Müller, Yoga Ramalingam and Yves Mettier. #326, #373, #653, #828
- collectd: A use-after-free has been fixed in the
parse_value()function. Thanks to Matthias Urlichs.
- collectd: Fix carriage return sign in types_list Thanks to Marc Fournier and @NsLib.
- collectd: Fix programming error in src/configfile.c Thanks to Wilfried Goesgens.
- collectd: An off-by-one error has been fixed in the
strstripnewline()function. Patch by Florian Forster.
- collectd: Use the complain mechanism to report filter chain write failures. Thanks to Sebastian Harl.
- collectd: Spelling and grammar of error messages have been fixed. Thanks to Katelyn Perry and Tim Laszlo.
- collectdctl: Fixed buffering issues which caused trouble on AIX and Solaris. Thanks to Yoga Ramalingam.
- Documentation: Details and example about multi-instance filterchain targets have been added. Thanks to Marc Fournier.
- Documentation: The
CollectStatisticsoption of the RRDCacheD plugin has been documented. Thanks to Micha Krause. #907
- Documentation: The Write Redis plugin has been documented. Thanks to Marc Fournier.
- Documentation: The
GraphiteAlwaysAppendDSoptions of the AMQP plugin have been documented. Thanks to Marc Fournier.
- Documentation: Documentation of the
AutoLoadPluginoption has been improved. Thanks to Florian Forster. #715
- Aggregation plugin:
utils_vl_lookup: A race when creating user objects has been fixed. Thanks to Sebastian Harl. #535
- CPU plugin: Temperature code for Mac OS X has been removed. Thanks to Florian Forster and Marc Fournier. #22
- cURL, cURL-JSON, cURL-XML and Write HTTP plugins: Call
curl_global_init()in the plugins'
init()callback. Thanks to Jeremy Katz.
- cURL and memcachec plugins: Fix calculation of gauge, average, minimum and maximum. Previously, they were calculated from the start of the daemon, which is not the documented behavior. Thanks to Florian Forster. #663
- cURL-JSON plugin: A bug, which triggered when two URLs with a long common prefix were configured, was fixed. Thanks to Marc Fournier. #582
- DBI plugin: Compatibility with new versions of libdbi has been restored. Thanks to Florian Forster. #950
- Exec, UnixSock plugins: Fix parsing of the
timeoption of the
PUTNOTIFcommand. Thanks to Adrian Miron. #477
- IPMI plugin: A conflict with the Java plugin over the
SIGUSR2signal has been fixed. Thanks to Vincent Bernat. #114
- Java plugin: Conversion from Java's time representation to collectd's representation has been fixed. Thanks to Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada.
- Java plugin: Make sure
cjni_thread_detach()is called on all paths. Thanks to Florian Forster.
- LogFile and SysLog plugins: Avoid total silence in case of a misconfiguration. Thanks to Marc Fournier and Wilfried Goesgens.
- Network plugin: Support for recent versions of gcrypt has been added. Thanks to Vincent Bernat. #632
- Network plugin: Robustness of the client connecting behavior has been improved. Thanks to Florian Forster. #627
- Python plugin: Don't create empty
meta_data_tobjects. Thanks to Florian Forster. #716
- Python plugin: Fix Py list length check in
cpy_build_meta(). Thanks to Yoga Ramalingam.
- Python plugin: The
intervalmember was fixed to export seconds as a double. Thanks to Justin Burnham.
- RRDtool and RRDCacheD plugins: A memory leak when creating RRD files has been fixed. Thanks to Yves Mettier. #661
- SNMP plugin: Fix a memory leak. Thanks to Marc Fournier and Pierre-Yves Ritschard. #610, #804
- StatsD plugin: Support for samplerates in timer metrics was added. Thanks to John Leach. #461
- Swap plugin: Fix behavior under OpenVZ by making
cachedoptional. Thanks to Florian Forster. #733
- Threshold plugin: Population of the
timefield in notifications has been added. Thanks to Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada.
- libvirt plugin: Only gather stats for running domains. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof.
- LVM plugin: An issue with Volume Groups (VGs) without Logical Volumes (LVs) has been fixed. Thanks to Jan Kundrát.
- Write Graphite plugin: Escape characters not supported by Graphite. Thanks to Pierre-Yves Ritschard and Marc Fournier.
- Write HTTP plugin: Make callback names context-dependent. Thanks to Marc Fournier. #821
- Write Redis plugin: A formatting bug, which resulted in totally unusable numbers being transmitted to Redis, was fixed. Thanks to Marc Fournier.
- Write Riemann plugin: Receive acknowledge message when using TCP. Thanks to John-John Tedro.