Difference between revisions of "Version 5.3"
From collectd Wiki
(Create initial page.)
Revision as of 07:50, 26 February 2015
|List of versions|
| Version 5.11|
Version 5.3 has been released on Tuesday, April 9th 2013. The newest release is 5.3.1 which as been released on Saturday, July 13, 2013. This version is currently supported.
Released on Tuesday, April 9th 2013.
- collectd: The
Includestatements can now be limited to include only matching files in a directory. Thanks to Sebastian Harl for his patch.
- collectd: Dispatches / writes are now handled by a thread pool. This improves reliability and throughput for instances configured to act as a "server". Thanks to Sebastian Harl and Dan Fandrich for reviewing this change and fixing bugs.
- Aggregation plugin: Selection of value lists is now possible using regular expressions. Parts of the identifier of the resulting metric can now be set via the configuration file.
- APC UPS plugin: The
ReportSecondsoption has been implemented.
- curl* plugins: Support for POST requests and custom request headers has been added. Thanks to Dan Fandrich for his patch.
- cURL-XML plugin: Support for XML namespaces has been added. Thanks to Dan Fandrich for his patch.
- DBI plugin: Support for numeric options has been added. The
Hostoption has been added. Thanks to Daniel Hilst for his patch.
- Disk plugin: Support for systems with >256 has been fixed. Thanks to Greg Mason for his patch.
- libvirt plugin: Support for memory allocation has been added. Thanks to Johan Wirén for his patch.
- NetApp plugin: Support for
VFilerand deduplication / compression and quota metrics. Thanks to Sebastian Harl for his patches and teamix GmbH for sponsoring this work.
- PostgreSQL plugin: The reconnection logic has been improved. Thanks to Sebastian Harl for his patches.
- RRDtool, RRDCacheD plugins: The
CreateFilesAsyncoption has been implemented. When enabled, new RRD files will be created asynchronously, which improved throughput of server instances. Many thanks to Yves Mettier for all his input and code.
- Tail CSV plugin: This new plugins allows to read metrics from CSV files, such as Snort's statistics file. Thanks to Kris Nielander for his patch.
- Write MongoDB plugin: Authentication options have been added.
- Write Riemann plugin: This new plugin allows sending metrics to Riemann, a stream processing and alerting tool. Big thanks to Pierre-Yves Ritschard for his work.