|List of versions|
| Version 4.10|
Version 4.9 has been released on Monday, December 21st 2009. The newest release is 4.9.1 which as been released on Thursday, January 14, 2010. Support for this version has ended.
Import of the implemented features list on the roadmap at the time of the feature freeze.
The Scale target can be used to modify the values being handled by collectd. Currently you can multiply the values by a constant (hence the name “scale”) and add an offset. This works not only for
GAUGE but for all data source types.
The Hashed match calculates a hash value based on the host name and uses it to distribute values evenly into groups. Handy for load balancing.
The MeasureResponseTime option has been added. If enabled, it will measure the time between sending the request and receiving the response. The patch has been written by Aman Gupta on September 14th.
INode counters have been added by Patrik Weiskircher on October 1st.
New config options:
ReportInodes → Update Plugin:DF#Synopsis.
- ☑ done -- octo 16:35, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
Collection of the fork-rate has been added by Patrik Weiskircher on October 1st.
This new plugin collects the number of context switches done by the operating system. Written by Patrik Weiskircher and committed on October 2nd.
NetApp, the company famed for their storage solutions, provides a C API to query numerous statistics from their systems. Sven Trenkel has written a plugin for collectd that uses this interface and provides very detailed statistics about the internals of the storage. The changes have been merged to the
master branch on September 30th.
An updated version of the plugin has been posted to the mailing list on September 19th by Marco Chiappero. It adds support for more versions of the status file and fixes the compressions metrics. The code has been merged to the
master branch on December 6th.
Plugin to query devices running RouterOS, a Linux-based operating system by MikroTik. The code has been merged to the
master branch on December 6th.
Plugin which embeds a Python interpreter into collectd and provides the API in form of an object oriented Python API. Has been written by Sven Trenkel and currently lives in the
st/python branch. The code has been merged to the
master branch on December 8th.
Perl-based plugin which queries information from OpenVZ containers. The plugin has been written by Jonathan Kolb and contributed on December 2nd, 2009. It was merged to the
master branch on December 8th.
Perl-based plugin which queries information from mon.itor.us, a commercially, web-based monitoring service. The plugin has been written by Jeffrey B. Green and contributed on May 29th, 2009. It was merged to the
master branch on December 8th.
Will be released on Monday, December 21, 2009.
- ContextSwitch plugin: The new ContextSwitch plugin gathers the number of context switches done by the CPU. Thanks to Patrik Weiskircher for the patch.
- CPU plugin: Support for SMP (multiple processors) under FreeBSD has been added. Thanks to Doug MacEachern for the patch.
- cURL plugin: The “MeasureResponseTime” option has been added. Thanks to Aman Gupta for the patch.
- DF plugin: Collecting the inode count and reserved space has been added. Thanks to Patrik Weiskircher for the patch.
- Exec plugin: The environment variables
COLLECTD_HOSTNAMEare now set before executing the application.
- Monitorus plugin: This Perl-based plugin to query statistics from mon.itor.us has been added. Thanks to Jeff Green for the patch.
- NetApp plugin: New plugin to collect statistics from NetApp filers. Thanks to Sven Trenkel of the noris network AG for the patch.
- Network plugin: Statistics collection about the plugin itself has been implemented.
- OpenVPN plugin: Add support for more versions of the “status file”. Thanks to Marco Chiappero for the patch.
- OpenVZ plugin: This Perl-based plugin to gather OpenVZ statistics has been added. Thanks to Jonathan Kolb for the patch.
- Ping plugin: The config options "SourceAddress" and "Device" have been added. Thanks to Sebastian Harl for the patch.
- Processes plugin: Collection of IO-metrics has been added. Thanks to Andrés J. Díaz for the patch.
- Python plugin: The new Python plugin integrates a Python interpreter into collectd and allows to execute plugins written in the scripting language. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for his work.
- RouterOS plugin: The new RouterOS plugin queries interface and wireless registration statistics from RouterOS.
- Various plugins: AIX support has been added to the cpu, disk, interface, load, memory, processes, and Swap plugins. Thanks to Manuel Sanmartin for his patches.
- Hashed match: This match for simple load balancing and redundant storage has been added.
- Scale target: This target to scale (multiply) values by an arbitrary value has been added.
Released on Thursday, January 14, 2010.
- Documentation: Some manpage fixes.
- Default config: Added sample configuration for missing plugins.
- Apache plugin: Fix a segmentation fault in the config handling of VerifyPeer / VerifyHost. Thanks to "plazmus" for his or her patch.
- Processes plugin: Fix handling of derive data sources.
- RRDtool plugin: Fix a bug with random write timeouts. Due to an incorrect initialization some files may be suspended basically indefinitely. After flushing the files they were written regularly again.
- RouterOS plugin: Use the node name for the "host" field.
- Monitorus.pm: Put the plugin into the
- Perl bindings: Fix a warning that was printed when building debugging output.
Released on Thursday, April 22, 2010.
- Build system, various plugins: Fixes for AIX compatibility have been added. Thanks to Manuel Sanmartin for his patches.
- Build system: Checking for nanosleep(2) on old Solaris machines has been fixed. Thanks to Vincent McIntyre and Sebastian Harl for figuring out a way to make this work.
- collectd: Append a newline to messages written to
- collectd: Serialization of NANs in JSON format has been fixed. Thanks to Chris Buben for pointing out the resulting syntax error.
- collectd: Checks whether a "sleep" returned early have been added; the cases are now handled correctly. Thanks to Michael Stapelberg for the patch.
- collectd: Continue reading files in a directory when parsing one file fails.
- Apache plugin: Collection of the number of active connections has been fixed for Apache 2.*.
- ContextSwitch plugin: Handle large counter/derive values correctly. Thanks to Martin Merkel for reporting the bug.
- Exec plugin: Error messages have been improved. The "running" flag is now cleared correctly when forking a child fails.
- IPTables plugin: Fix a violation of aliasing rules. This resolves a warning / error with new GCC versions. Thanks to Jan Engelhardt for the work-around.
- Java plugin: The Java API files are now packaged into a .jar file. Thanks to Amit Gupta for his patch.
- Network plugin: Fix a segmentation fault when receiving packets with an unknown data source type.
- Network plugin: A memory leak when receiving encrypted network packets has been fixed.
- OpenVPN plugin: Fix naming schema when reading "MULTI1" type status files.
- Oracle plugin: Fix checking for lost connections and reconnect in this case. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for pointing out the problem.
- UnixSock plugin: A memory leak in the LISTVAL command has been fixed. Thanks to Peter Warasin for pointing it out.
- Write HTTP plugin: Use the "any" authentication schema. This used to be "digest". Thanks to Paul Sadauskas for the patch.
Released on Friday, July 09, 2010.
- Build system: Checking for strtok_r(3) under Solaris has been fixed.
- Portability: Fixes for Solaris 8 have been applied. Thanks to Aurélien Reynaud and Alexander Wuerstlein for their patches.
- collectd: The shutdown speed when terminating the read threads has been improved.
- collectd-nagios: The format of the performance data has been fixed.
- libcollectdclient: A format error in the PUTVAL command has been removed. Thanks to Johan Van den Brande for fixing this.
- DF plugin: An error message shown when "cu_mount_getlist" fails has been added.
- Processes plugin: Missing initialization code for IO members of a struct has been added. Thanks to Aurélien Reynaud for fixing this.
- Python plugin: Memory leaks in the write and notification callbacks have been fixed. A possible crash when the plugin was loaded but not configured has been fixed. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for his patches.
- RRDCacheD plugin: A build issue has been resolved. Thanks to Thorsten von Eicken for the patch.
- SNMP plugin: Verbosity with regard to unknown ASN types has been increased. A build problem on PowerPC and ARM processors has been fixed by Aurélien Reynaud; thanks!
- PowerDNS plugin: Compatibility changes for PowerDNS 2.9.22 and above have been applied. Thanks to Luke Heberling for his changes.
Released on Saturday, November 27, 2010.
- Documentation: Various documentation fixes.
- collectd: If including one configuration file fails, continue with the rest of the configuration if possible.
- collectd: Fix a bug in the read function scheduling. In rare cases read functions may not have been called as often as requested.
- collectd: Concurrency issues with
errno(3)under AIX have been fixed: A thread-safe version of errno has to be requested under AIX. Thanks to Aurélien Reynaud for his patch.
- cURL, memcachec, Tail plugins: Fix handling of
DERIVEdata sources. Matching the end of a string has been improved; thanks to Sebastian Harl for the patch.
- cURL-JSON plugin: Fix a problem when parsing 64bit integers. Reading JSON data from non-HTTP sources has been fixed.
- NetApp plugin: Pass the interval setting to the dispatch function. Restore compatibility to NetApp Release 7.3. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for the patch.
- Network plugin: Be less verbose about unchecked signatures, in order to prevent spamming the logs.
- Notify Email plugin: Concurrency problems have been fixed.
- Python plugin: Set
sys.argv, since many scripts don't expect that it may not be set. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for the patch.
- RRDtool, RRDCacheD plugins: Fix a too strict assertion when creating RRD files.
- Value match: A minor memory leak has been fixed. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for the patch.