Difference between revisions of "Version 4.4"
From collectd Wiki
(+Navbox Version 4)
|(5 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 15:35, 29 April 2011
|List of versions|
| Version 4.10|
Released on Tuesday, May 06, 2008.
- collectd: Internal code cleanups.
- collectd: Added support for a `Flush' command in the unixsock and exec plugins. This command can be used to force a plugin (or all) to flush its values to disk.
- collectd: Thresholds can now be configured to apply to one data source only, making it possible to configure different thresholds for each data source.
- apache, nginx plugins: Added the possibility to disable host and/or peer verification.
- ascent plugin: The new ascent plugin reads and parses the statistics page of an Ascent server.
- CPU plugin: Support for the statgrab library has been added.
- Disk plugin: The possibility to ignore certain disks or collect only specific disks has been added.
- Disk plugin: Support for the statgrab library has been added.
- IPMI plugin: The new ipmi plugin uses the OpenIPMI library to read sensor values via IPMI, the intelligent platform management interface.
- IPTables plugin: The iptc library that is used by the iptables plugin has been added to the distribution, because it is not provided by all distributions and removed from at least one.
- PowerDNS plugin: The new powerdns plugin reads statistics from an authoritative or a recursing PowerDNS name server.
- RRDtool plugin: The size of the files generated with the default configuration has been decreased.
- Tail plugin: The new tail plugin can be used to gather statistics by continuously reading from log files.
- TeamSpeak2 plugin: The new teamspeak2 plugin connects to a TeamSpeak2 server and collects statistics about the number of users and number of channels.
- Users plugin: Support for the statgrab library has been added.
- vmem plugin: The new vmem plugin collects very detailed statistics about the virtual memory subsystem of Linux.
Released on Tuesday, June 03, 2008.
- collectd: Fix the `DataSource' option within `Type' blocks. Thanks to kyrone for reporting this.
- collectd: Fixed min/max output in notifications generated by threshold checking.
- collectd-nagios: Fix the protocol used to communicate with the daemon.
- Perl plugin: Fail noisily, but don't shutdown the daemon, if initialization has errors. An issue with Perl 5.10 has been fixed.
- TeamSpeak2 plugin: Fixed an out of bound array access. Thanks to René Rebe and Siegmund Gorr for reporting this.
Released on Tuesday, July 15, 2008.
- build system: Use pkg-config to detect the upsclient library.
- collectd: Try even harder to determine the endianess of the architecture collectd is being built on.
- Disk plugin: Fix for Linux 2.4: A wrong field was used as the name of disks.
- DNS plugin: Fix compilation errors with BIND versions 19991001 through 19991005.
- Network plugin: Bugfix in the init routine: The init function cleared a buffer regardless of its contents. This could lead to lost values under Solaris.
- nginx plugin: Remove usage of the thread-unsafe `strtok' function.
- VServer plugin: Remove usage of the thread-unsafe `readdir' function.
- Wireless plugin: Work around incorrect noise and power values returned by some broken drivers.
Released on Monday, September 01, 2008.
- collectd: Fix a memory leak in the threshold checking code.
- memcached plugin: Fix a too short timeout and a related file descriptor leak.
- Memory plugin: A typo in the libstatgrab code has been fixed.
- SNMP plugin: Fix a possible memory leak.
Released on Thursday, October 16, 2008.
- build system: Change `--enable-<plugin>' to abort with an error if dependencies are not met. Thanks to Bruno Prémont for the patch. Also, the poisoning of various string functions has been restricted to debug builds.
- collectd: Fix a memory leak in the global value cache. With every *missing* value a couple of bytes would be leaked. Another memory leak in the configuration handling code has been fixed. Thanks to Niraj Tolia for reporting these issues.
- collectd: Fix an off-by-one error in the ignorelist functionality. When using regular expressions, the last character would be missing, possibly matching differently from what one would expect.
- collectdmon: Don't block SIGCHLD. This fixes a potential portability problem.
- collectd-nagios: Fix handling of the `-d' option. Thanks to Fabian Linzberger for reporting the bug.
- Network plugin: Fix a memory leak in the configuration handling code. Thanks to Niraj Tolia for reporting this issue.
- Perl plugin: Log an error message if bootstrapping `Collectd' fails.
- Tail plugin: Call `clearerr(3)' after reading an EOF. This fixes problems with some `libc's. Thanks to Matthias Lay for reporting the bug.
Released on Friday, January 02, 2009.
- build system: Check for `mysql.h' and `mysql/mysql.h', since the file may be in both locations, especially when the database was installed in a non-standard path. Thanks to Dusty Doris for reporting this.
- build system: Handle the _POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS defined, needed by Solaris, in the configure script automatically.
- collectd.conf(5): Various fixes and clarifications.
- APC UPS plugin: Include "collectd.h" before <stdlib.h>. This solves portability problems, especially for Solaris.
- DNS plugin: Fix a portability problem with NetBSD.
- Network plugin: Fix the handling of `type' in the network protocol. Due to a programming mistake, only 4 or 8 bytes would be copied to a much larger buffer. This caused the `type' to be transferred much more often than necessary. In some cases, e. g. the `cpu' and `cpufreq' plugins being used at the same time, data may be corrupted in those files. Thanks to Bruno Prémont for debugging and reporting this issue.
- UnixSock plugin: Make sure the initialization function is run only once. This resolves a file descriptor leak under systems which run the initialization more than once, such as Solaris.