|List of versions|
| Version 4.10|
Version 4.10 has been released on Saturday, May 1st 2010. This version is currently supported.
This is a list of new features in Version 4.10, imported from the Roadmap page.
FileCount plugin: IncludeHidden option
An option to the FileCount plugin to include hidden files and directories has been implemented by Vaclav Malek (scippio on IRC). It has been merged to the master branch on December 25th, 2009.
Python plugin: Support for Python 3
Sven has implemented support for Python 3. The code has been merged to the
master branch on January 5th, 2010.
Similar to cURL-JSON plugin but with XML as container format. A patch has been sent to the mailing list by Amit Gupta on November 16th. After some changes, the plugin has been merged to the
master branch on January 13th.
Support for Linux 2.4 ("<2.6") has been added by Lorin Scraba.
Support for the IdleServers / IdleWorkers value has been added. Thanks to Gary (bug #15).
The StoreRates option has been added by Paul Sadauskas.
ExcludeRegex option has been implemented in the matching infrastructure and added to the above plugins. Initial code by Peter Warasin.
Invert option has been added by Schmurfy.
Max Henkel has written patches to select the interface to use manually. (Updated) Patches have been sent to the mailing list on April 2nd.
Integrate Pinba plugin
Kayo Ayanami has written a plugin for collectd which receives UDP traffic from Pinba, a profiling extension for PHP. The collectd-pinba plugin is currently available from sourceforge.net. Kayo has expressed willingness to re-license his code to a GPLv2-compatible license (currently it's GPLv3 or later) so we can integrate the plugin into the main collectd package. Last contact on January 22nd, 2010.
- Asked for a status update on April 5th, 2010 via email. —octo 13:24, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
Released on Saturday, May 01, 2010.
- collectd: JSON output now includes the "dstypes" and "dsnames" fields. This makes it easier for external applications to interpret the data. Thanks to Chris Buben for his work.
- collectd: The new "Timeout" option can be used to specify a "timeout" for missing values. This is used in the threshold checking code to detect missing values. Thanks to Andrés J. Díaz for the patch.
- Apache plugin: Support for "IdleWorkers" (Apache 1.*: "IdleServers") has been added.
- cURL plugin: The new "ExcludeRegex" allows to easily exclude certain lines from the match.
- cURL-XML plugin: This new plugin allows to read XML files using cURL and extract metrics included in the files. Thanks to Amit Gupta for his work.
- FileCount plugin: The new "IncludeHidden" option allows to include "hidden" files and directories in the statistics. Thanks to Vaclav Malek for the patch.
- LogFile plugin: The new "PrintSeverity" option allows to include the severity of a message in the output. Thanks to Clément Stenac for his patch.
- memcachec plugin: The new "ExcludeRegex" allows to easily exclude certain lines from the match.
- Modbus plugin: This new plugin allows to read registers from Modbus-TCP enabled devices.
- Network plugin: The new "Interface" option allows to set the interface to be used for multicast and, if supported, unicast traffic. Thanks to Max Henkel for his work.
- OpenVPN plugin: The "CollectUserCount" and "CollectIndividualUsers" options allow more detailed control over how to report sessions of multiple users. Thanks to Fabian Schuh for his work.
- Pinba plugin: This new plugin receives timing information from the Pinba PHP extension, which can be used for profiling PHP code and webserver performance. Thanks to Phoenix Kayo for his work.
- Ping plugin: The new "MaxMissed" allows to re-resolve a hosts address when it doesn't reply to a number of ping requests. Thanks to Stefan Völkel for the patch.
- PostgreSQL plugin: The "Interval" config option has been added. The plugin has been relicensed under the 2-clause BSD license. Thanks to Sebastian Harl for his work.
- Processes plugin: Support for "code" and "data" virtual memory sizes has been added. Thanks to Clément Stenac for his patch.
- Python plugin: Support for Python 3 has been implemented. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for his work.
- RouterOS plugin: Support for collecting CPU load, memory usage, used and free disk space, sectors written and number of bad blocks from MikroTik devices has been added.
- Swap plugin: Support for Linux < 2.6 has been added. Thanks to Lorin Scraba for his patch.
- Tail plugin: The new "ExcludeRegex" allows to easily exclude certain lines from the match. Thanks to Peter Warasin for his patch.
- Write HTTP plugin: The "StoreRates" option has been added. Thanks to Paul Sadauskas for his patch.
- RegEx match: The "Invert" option has been added. Thanks to Julien Ammous for his patch.
Released on Friday, July 09, 2010.
- Build system: Checking for strtok_r(3) under Solaris has been fixed.
- Portability: Fixes for Solaris 8 have been applied. Thanks to Alexander Wuerstlein for his patch.
- collectd: The shutdown speed when terminating the read threads has been improved.
- libcollectdclient: A format error in the PUTVAL command has been removed. Thanks to Johan Van den Brande for fixing this.
- DF plugin: An error message shown when
cu_mount_getlistfails has been added.
- Processes plugin: Missing initialization code for IO members of a struct has been added. Thanks to Aurélien Reynaud for fixing this.
- Python plugin: Memory leaks in the write and notification callbacks have been fixed. A possible crash when the plugin was loaded but not configured has been fixed. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for his patches.
- SNMP plugin: Verbosity with regard to unknown ASN types has been increased. A build problem on PowerPC and ARM processors has been fixed by Aurélien Reynaud; thanks!
- PowerDNS plugin: Compatibility changes for PowerDNS 2.9.22 and above have been applied. Thanks to Luke Heberling for his changes.
Released on Saturday, November 27, 2010.
- Documentation: Various documentation fixes.
- collectd: If including one configuration file fails, continue with the rest of the configuration if possible.
- collectd: Fix a bug in the read function scheduling. In rare cases read functions may not have been called as often as requested.
- collectd: Concurrency issues with
errno(3)under AIX have been fixed: A thread-safe version of errno has to be requested under AIX. Thanks to Aurélien Reynaud for his patch.
- collectd: A left-over hard-coded 2 has been replaced by the configurable timeout value.
- cURL, memcachec, Tail plugins: Fix handling of
DERIVEdata sources. Matching the end of a string has been improved; thanks to Sebastian Harl for the patch.
- cURL-JSON plugin: Fix a problem when parsing 64bit integers. Reading JSON data from non-HTTP sources has been fixed.
- NetApp plugin: Pass the interval setting to the dispatch function. Restore compatibility to NetApp Release 7.3. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for the patch.
- Network plugin: Be less verbose about unchecked signatures, in order to prevent spamming the logs.
- Notify Email plugin: Concurrency problems have been fixed.
- Python plugin: Set
sys.argv, since many scripts don't expect that it may not be set. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for the patch.
- RRDtool, RRDCacheD plugins: Fix a too strict assertion when creating RRD files.
- Swap plugin: A bug which lead to incorrect I/O values has been fixed.
- Value match: A minor memory leak has been fixed. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for the patch.