The Processes plugin collects the number of processes, grouped by their state (e. g. running, sleeping, zombies, etc.). In addition to that, it can select detailed statistics about selected processes, grouped by name.
If processes are selected (the collectd.conf(5) manpage can tell you how) the following information is gathered. All this information is aggregated by the process name.
- Its RSS (basically the amount of memory currently really used by these processes)
- Used user- and system-time (the "CPU usage")
- The number of processes by that name
- The number of threads (summed up over all the processes)
- The number of major and minor page faults.
- Mac OS X