Difference between revisions of "Plugin:Aggregation"
From collectd Wiki
m (Added explanation for GroupBy and added a link to the full docs in the manpage.)
|Line 50:||Line 50:|
Latest revision as of 01:31, 12 March 2020
|Type:||read / write|
|Callbacks:||config, read, write|
|Copyright:||2012 Florian octo Forster|
|List of Plugins|
The Aggregate plugin allows to aggregate multiple values into a single value using one or several consolidation functions, e.g. summation and average. This has a broad range of applications, e.g. calculating the average CPU utilization over all cores of each host. The full specification for the aggregation plugin can be found in the manpage for collect.conf(5): .
New names are automatically generated for the aggregated values. They all have the plugin field set to aggregation. The exact naming follows these rules:
- Host: The host is copied from the original value lists unless the Host option is left unspecified in which case it will be set to global.
- Plugin: The plugin is set to aggregation.
- Plugin instance: The plugin instance contains plugin and plugin instance of the original value list and the aggregation function used. The three parts are separated by dashes. If Plugin or PluginInstance (or both) is unspecified, that part will be omitted.
- Type: The type cannot be left unspecified and is copied from the original value lists.
- Type instance: The type instance is copied from the original value lists unless the TypeInstance option is left unspecified in which case it will be left empty.
- GroupBy: The field to group by. It has the following options "Host", "Plugin", "PluginInstance", "TypeInstance". You can repeat this clause to include multiple fields.
- → See: Plugin:Aggregation/Config
<Plugin "aggregation"> <Aggregation> Plugin "example" Type "gauge" GroupBy "Host" GroupBy "TypeInstance" CalculateNum false CalculateSum false CalculateAverage true CalculateMinimum false CalculateMaximum false CalculateStddev false </Aggregation> </Plugin>
This registers a writer by the name