From collectd Wiki
|List of versions|
| Version 5.8|
Version 5.2 has been released on Saturday, November 17th 2012. Support for this version has ended.
Released on Saturday, November 17th, 2012.
- collectd: The performance of the
LISTVALcommand has been improved. Thanks to Yves Mettier for the patch.
- collectd: The possibility to configure the collection interval on a per-plugin basis has been added. Huge thanks to Sebastian Harl for his work.
- collectd-tg: This new binary allows to generate random but real looking collectd network traffic. This can be used to load-test new plugin, for example.
- libcollectdclient: Code for constructing and sending network packets in the binary format has been added.
- Aggregation plugin: This new plugin allows to aggregate multiple value lists into one.
- AMQP and Write HTTP plugins: Meta data is now included in the JSON output format. Thanks to Mark Wong for the patch.
- AMQP plugin: Support for "Graphite" output has been added. Thanks to Thomas Meson for the patch.
- ContextSwitch plugin: Support for AIX has been added. Thanks to Manuel Rozada for his patch.
- Disk plugin: The "UseBSDName" config option has been added to the Mac OS X version.
- GenericJMX plugin: Automatically determine the host name if it isn't configured.
- libvirt plugin: The "number" interface format has been added. Thanks to Davide Guerri for the patch.
- memcached plugin: Support for multiple connections has been added. Thanks to Nicolas Szalay for the patch.
- NTPd plugin: The "IncludeUnitID" config option has been added. The behavior when a peer is unreachable has been improved. Thanks to Johan Kiviniemi for the patches.
- Oracle plugin: The "Host" config option has been added.
- PF plugin: This new plugin allows to collect statistics from BSD's packet filter "pf". Thanks to Pierre-Yves Ritschard and Stefan Rinkes for their work.
- PostgreSQL plugin: The "Instance" config option has been added. Support for writing values to a PostgreSQL database has been added. Thanks to Sebastian Harl for the patches.
- Processes plugin: Support for Solaris has been added. Thanks to Cosmin Ioiart for the patch.
- Redis plugin: Support for authenticating via password has been added. Thanks to biancalana for the patch.
- RRDCacheD plugin: The "HeartBeat", "RRARows", "RRATimespan", "StepSize" and "XFF" config options have been added.
- Swap plugin: The "ReportBytes" config option has been added. The AIX version now also exports "reserved" pages and swap-in / swap-out "traffic". Thanks to Manuel Rozada for the patch.
Released on Sunday, January 27th, 2013.
- Build system:
make distcheckhas been fixed. Build fixes Solaris and systems without gcrypt. Thanks to Yves Mettier for his patches.
- collectd: The complaint mechanism was fixed. It reported messages more frequently than intended.
- collectd-tg: A manual page has been added.
- DNS plugin: Build issues on FreeBSD have been fixed. Thanks to Ed Schouten for his patch.
- Ethstat plugin: Fix the Map config option. An incorrectly used character pointer may lead to a segmentation fault.
- Network plugin: Build issues on FreeBSD have been fixed. Thanks to Ed Schouten for his patch.
- PostgreSQL plugin: A memory leak in the writing code has been fixed. A use-after-free issue that happened when more than one database was configured was fixed. Thanks to Sebastian Harl for fixing these problems.
- Redis plugin: A build failure has been fixed. Thanks to Pierre-Yves Ritschard for his patch.
- Varnish plugin: Fix a problem with instances without name.
- Write Graphite plugin: A regression which rendered the SeparateInstances and AlwaysAppendDS options unusable has been fixed. A failed assertion when using types with many data sources has been fixed. Improve reporting of connection errors to not spam log files too much. Thanks to Pierre-Yves Ritschard for reporting the logging problem.