|List of versions|
| Version 4.10|
Released on Saturday, September 01, 2007.
- Build system: The build system has been changed to automatically disable all plugins, which are missing dependencies. The dependency checking has been removed from the plugins themselves to remove redundancy.
- Flexible interval: The interval of collected data is now sent along with the data itself over the network, so that the interval-settings of server and clients no longer needs to match.
- Netlink plugin: The new `netlink' plugin connects to the Linux kernel using a netlink socket and uses it to query information about interfaces, qdiscs and classes.
- RRDtool plugin: The cache is now dumped to disk in an extra thread to not block data collection.
- SNMP plugin: The new `snmp' plugin can read values from SNMP enabled network devices, such as switches, routers, thermometers, rack monitoring servers, etc. The collectd-snmp(5) manpage documents this plugin.
- UnixSock plugin: Added the `LISTVAL' command.
- XMMS plugin: The new `xmms' plugin graphs the bitrate and frequency of music played with xmms.
Released on Wednesday, September 12, 2007.
- Build system: The detection of `libnetlink' has been improved.
- collectd: The documentation has been fixed in numerous places.
- Exec plugin: Setting the group under which to run a program has been fixed.
- collectd: The `sstrerror' function was improved to work correctly with the broken GNU version of `strerror_r'.
- collectd: Write an error message to STDERR when loading of a plugin fails.
- APC UPS plugin: Fix the `types' used to submit the values: They still has an `apcups_' prefix which doesn't work anymore.
- RRDtool plugin: Create new RRD-files with the `begin' time set to whatever the client thinks is `now'..
Released on Friday, September 28, 2007.
- APC UPS plugin: Fix reporting of the `load percent' data.
- Wireless plugin: Correct the handling of cards returning signal and noise quality as percentage.
- Perl plugin: Fix a possible buffer overflow in get_module_name().
- build system: Further improve the detection of libraries.
- Netlink plugin: Build issues under some older versions of the Linux includes (i. e. Debian Sarge) have been fixed.
- SNMP plugin: Fix a potential segfault when a host times out. Add support for the `timeticks' type.
Released on Wednesday, October 24, 2007.
- collectd: A build issue under Solaris has been resolved by renaming data types.
- RRDtool plugin: Use the thread-safe RRD-library if available. Try to be more thread-safe otherwise by locking calls to the library.
Released on Thursday, November 08, 2007.
- Build system: Improve detection of the rrd library, especially if it's in a non-standard location.
- Build system: A bug when parsing the argument for `--with-libnetsnmp' has been fixed.
- collectd: Implement `strerror_r' if the libc doesn't provide it.
- RRDtool plugin: Fix a bug in the shutdown sequence that might cause a deadlock or delay when shutting down the daemon.
- SNMP plugin: Fix a memory leak.
Released on Thursday, December 27, 2007.
- RRDtool plugin: Fix a memory leak that only occurred in very-low- memory situations.
- Sensors plugin: Updated the plugin to build and work with version 3 of the libsensors library.
Released on Friday, January 11, 2008.
- UnixSock plugin: A bug in the unixsock plugin caused it not to set the permission on the socket as documented in the manpage. Thanks to Evgeny Chukreev for fixing this issue.
- collectd: The documentation has been improved.