|List of versions|
| Version 4.10|
Released on Sunday, June 03, 2007.
- collectd: The plugin-infrastructure has been changed to allow for more types of plugins, namely `write' and `log' plugins.
- collectd: The read-function has been changed to read many plugins in parallel, using threads. Thus, plugins generally need to use thread-safe functions from now on.
- collectd: The '-t' command line options allows to perform syntax tests of the configuration file and exit immediately.
- CSV plugin: The new `csv' plugin handles output to `comma separated values'-files.
- RRDtool plugin: The new `rrdtool' plugin handles output to RRD-files. Data can be cached to combine multiple updates into one write to increase IO-performance.
- Network plugin: The new `network' plugin handles IO via the network. It implements a different, much more extensible protocol which can combine many values in one packet, decreasing the number of UDP- packets being sent. It can read from and send to the network and with the appropriate configuration even forward packets to other networks.
- UnixSock plugin: The new `unixsock' plugin provides an interface to communicate with the daemon while it is running. Right now the commands `GETVAL' and `PUTVAL' are implemented, but more are to come.
- Perl plugin: The new `perl' plugin allows you to write extensions for collectd in the scripting-language Perl.
- LogFile plugin: The new `logfile' plugin writes logmessages to files or STDOUT or STDERR.
- SysLog plugin: The new `syslog' plugin sends logmessages to the system's syslog daemon.
- Entropy plugin: The new `entropy' plugin collects the amount of entropy currently being available to the system.
- Exec plugin: The new `exec' plugin forks child processes and reads back values provided by the forked processes.
- IPTables plugin: The new `iptables' plugin reads counters from iptables rules. Thanks to Sjoerd van der Berg for contributing this plugin.
- IRQ plugin: The new `irq' plugin collects the IRQ-counters. Thanks to Peter Holik for contributing this plugin.
- NUT plugin: The new `nut' plugin connects the upsd of the `network ups tools' and reads information about the connected UPS.
- Apache plugin: Support for lighttpd's `BusyServers' (aka. connections) field was added by Florent Monbillard.
- collectd-nagios: The new `collectd-nagios' binary queries values from collectd, parses them and exits according to Nagios-standards.
- manpages: The manpages have been improved a lot.
Released on Thursday, June 07, 2007.
- IPTables plugin: A bug in the configuration routine has been fixed. Setting a comment in the configfile will no longer cause a segmentation fault.
Released on Tuesday, June 12, 2007.
- hddtemp and ntpd plugin: Corrected the parsing of port numbers when they're given in numerically form.
Released on Tuesday, June 19, 2007.
- CPU plugin: Fix the Darwin / Mac OS X code.
- Ping plugin: Use the return value of `getpid', not its address.
- csv, rrdtool plugin: Fixed a bug that prevented an buffer to be initialized correctly.
- configure: Added `--with-nan-emulation' to aid cross compilation.
Released on Sunday, June 24, 2007.
- CPU plugin: Fixed the Solaris code.
- DNS plugin: Fixed a build issue for OpenBSD.
- Interface plugin: Fixed the Solaris code.
- Load plugin: Fixed the alternative `/proc' Linux code.
- Memory plugin: Fixed the Solaris code.
- oconfig: Don't require `-lfl' anymore.
Released on Thursday, July 05, 2007.
- Portability: More fixes for OpenBSD have been included.
Released on Monday, July 30, 2007.
- Sensors plugin: Fix the ignorelist functionality: Only the `type instance' was used to match against the list, but the documentation told otherwise. This release fixes the code, so it complies with the documentation.
- SysLog plugin: Call `openlog' right when the plugin is loaded, so configuration messages will end up in the logging facility.
- conrtib/fedora: The contributed specfile for Fedora has been updated.
Released on Sunday, August 26, 2007.
- documentation: Some typos have been fixed and some information has been improved.
- build system: Many fixes for detecting libraries in unusual places, such as on RedHat systems. The affected libraries are `libcurl', `libmysql', and `libupsclient'.
- Network plugin: Allow the `Port' option to be specified as a number (i. e. without quotes).
- NUT plugin: A fix allows linking the nut plugin against libupsclient, version >= 2.2.0.
- Processes plugin: Fix a potential segmentation fault.
Released on Wednesday, September 12, 2007.
- collectd: The `sstrerror' function was improved to work correctly with the broken GNU version of `strerror_r'.
- collectd: Write an error message to STDERR when loading of a plugin fails.
- APC UPS plugin: Fix the `types' used to submit the values: They still has an `apcups_' prefix which doesn't work anymore.
- RRDtool plugin: Create new RRD-files with the `begin' time set to whatever the client thinks is `now'..
Released on Friday, September 28, 2007.