From collectd Wiki
|Callbacks:||config, init, read|
|Copyright:|| 2005 Lyonel Vincent|
2006–2008 Florian octo Forster
2008 Oleg King
2009 Sebastian Harl
2009 Andrés J. Díaz
2009 Manuel Sanmartin
2010 Clément Stenac
|List of Plugins|
The Processes plugin collects the number of processes, grouped by their state (e. g. running, sleeping, zombies, etc.). In addition to that, it can select detailed statistics about selected processes, grouped by name.
If processes are selected (the collectd.conf(5) manpage can tell you how) the following information is gathered. All this information is aggregated by the process name.
- Its Resident Segment Size (RSS; basically the amount of physical memory currently used by these processes)
- Used user- and system-time (the "CPU usage")
- The number of processes by that name
- The number of threads (summed up over all the processes)
- The number of major and minor page faults.
- Rough I/O-numbers (bytes written and read due to syscalls by the process).
(Since version 4.9)
- Mac OS X