|Author:||Florian "octo" Forster|
|List of front-ends|
Collection 4 (abbreviated as C4) is a web-based front-end to data collected by collectd. It is written as a FastCGI application in C.
The two main goals of C4 are performance and versatility: The application has been implemented in a way that handles installations with more than 85,000 files in an efficient manner. The data and appearance of each graph can be configured in a config file in a very flexible manner. Not all output options support this configuration yet, though.
- Data-set-aware graphs
Roadmap / Wishlist
- Sending a
FLUSHcommand to the daemon using libcollectdclient is mandatory.
- Currently the code base is cluttered with functions trying to figure out the arguments required for
rrdtool graph(rrdgraph(1)). These functions will be moved to a separate place or removed entirely. RRDtool doesn't allow to separate the fetch and create graph phases and therefore doesn't fit the design of C4.
- Much work has been spent on internal design and optimizations. The HTML printed by the program is very crude and basically a proof of concept. While this will hopefully improve over time, the goal is to make it possible to create nice front-ends on top of C4 using the data is exports as JSON.
- Make it possible for an ident to match multiple value lists. One way to do this is to use regular expressions in the selectors of the graph and the def.
- Make it possible to specify a "fallback" def – a def which is used when no other def matches a given file / data source.
You can think of actions a little applications sitting on top of a library that makes up C4. They provide functionality that is available using this interface. Currently, the following actions are available:
Prints a graph instance as a PNG image using the librrd. This action will possibly be removed or changed.
Exports a graph definition as JSON.
Exports the data required to draw a graph instance as JSON.
Prints a list of graphs as an HTML page. You can optionally request dynamic graphs to be included, too.
Prints a list of hosts as an HTML page.
Provides a search interface to the graphs provided by C4 using HTML.
Prints an HTML page listing all the graph instances belonging to a graph.
Returns a list of graph instances belonging to a graph as JSON.
Prints a list of available actions.
- Web-server with FastCGI support
- C libraries